On Thursday, a section in the Nigerian National house of assembly dedicated to the storage of documents caught fire, leaving important documents destroyed as reported.
READ ALSO: BBNaija: Watch the Moment Chichi dares Eloswag to ki-ss Chomzy (Video)
According to a report by PUNCH, the fire from the store was seen by a person passing by, raising an alarm of a fire burning inside the New Building, House of Reps Wing of the Complex.
That particular section of the National assembly that caught fire also houses the lawmakers’ offices, committee rooms, banks, and other private works.
READ ALSO: Reality TV star, Emmanuel shades ex, Liquorose after a picture of her increase in bu-tt size gets people talking
READ ALSO: “Happy Birthday Son” – Nollywood actress, Mercy Johnson Stuns her Fans, Shows Off Junior Johnson For The 1st Time (Video)
An official statement was released by the director of the Information, National Assembly, Rawlings Agada which was titled “Reported Fire Incident at the House of Representatives New Wing Today, Thursday, 11th August, 2022, in the National Assembly Complex,” stated that:
“There was a fire incident this evening in one of the janitors located on the 2nd Floor, Room 227 in the New Wing of the House of Representatives, suspected to have resulted from an electrical fault which was noticed by one of the staff (members attached) to the Clerk, House of Representatives, who promptly alerted the Federal Fire Service unit stationed in the National Assembly Complex.”
READ ALSO: Funny and bashing reactions as Liquorose is suspected to have undergone arss enlargement after sharing + pictures (Photos)
The federal Fire Service firefighters that are situated in the National Assembly rushed to the fire scene and immediately pull off the fire before it cause any more damage.