The Kaduna State Governments on Sunday begs two people who ran away after testing positive to COVID-19. The Kaduna state’s Commissioner for Health, Dr. Amina Mohammed-Baloni said made the plea while briefing newsmen in the state.
It was revealed that a test of COVID-19 was conducted on two people, and while they were waiting for their results which later came in positive, they fled and have remained incommunicado and have switched off their phones which is illegal and dangerous for a person who tested positive to the deadly virus.
Dr Amina Mohammed-Baloni said;
“These persons subsequently switched off their phones and have remained incommunicado.
“This reckless action of theirs is endangering themselves, their families, and the larger community.
“Similar irresponsible conduct by some COVID-19 patients has been reported in other states.
It is a pattern of behavior that must be stopped because it is patently dangerous to public safety.”
”However, their details have been given to the security agencies for tracking and surveillance.
“Members of the public who may have relevant information on the whereabouts of these persons are urged to promptly contact the authorities.”
She added that 12 people have been discharged so far in Kaduna State after testing negative on series of test.